Friday, October 9, 2015

Meh

I know I'm in the minority here but I wasn't thrilled with the Flyers last night.

Yes, I get that they played toe-to-toe with the almighty Bolts.  I hate to break this to you: all but six teams were better than the Flyers last season so playing up to the competition is going to have to be the norm.  

Honestly, wasn't this game the same old, same old?  Flashes of brilliance but with a bad result.  Our top players pretty much invisible.  Missing penalty shots.  Turnovers (Giroux had a nasty one at the end of the 2nd while we were on the power play).  Gaining the lead only to lose it on a bad goal.  Losing in overtime.   

Losing the season opener for the fourth year in a row. (I know we got a point.  It would have been better to get two.) 

Call me a cynic.  I guess I'm just sick of seeing the Flyers lose when they can win. 




No comments:

Post a Comment