Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Perspective

The Flyers played a terrible game last night, yes, but let's keep things in perspective.

It's still just a game.

I woke up ready to throw in the towel or write something scathing about the team.  Then I saw the posts on Twitter from today's practice and paused...

The Flyers hosted Liam on behalf of the Make-A-Wish foundation.

Liam could have cared less how many goals Jake Voracek has scored, or whether Claude Giroux is a good captain, or if the players had fifty, let alone two, closed door team meetings.

He was just living out his wish.

And thinking about Liam's perspective made me change mine.

The Flyers are my team.  I love to watch them play.  I will not boo them.

Today I was reminded that, win or lose, hockey is full of heroes.

Go Liam and go Flyers!



No comments:

Post a Comment