Sunday, March 1, 2015

Talismans

So we can all agree that Saturday night's game against the Rags was amazing.  I mean, a shorthanded GWG from MDZ against his former team?  Sick.  I'm sorry to have missed it.  My family has been ill for weeks and we just couldn't get there, though it was easier than usual to unload our season tickets.

Apparently there was an explosive atmosphere at the Well.  Twitter was rife with accounts of Rangers fans misbehaving and getting kicked out, including a bunch of Rangers fans ("men") who heckled a little kid:

rangers fans were taunting a little 5 year old earlier. They're getting kicked out left and right

You stay classy, New York.

P.S.  I believe all of the accounts.  I was at MSG for Game 7 of the Flyers/Rangers playoff series last year.  Those "hockey fans" are gross.  (Subject of a later post.)

But on to talismans.  Most Flyers fans I know have some sort of a good luck charm that they are convinced wins games for the team.  When I was growing up, there was a puck on top of the television in our basement.  It sat in a precise spot during the 1986-87 season.  I accidentally moved the puck and to this day my family blames me for the Flyers losing to the Oilers in the '87 Stanley Cup Finals.

This year, I have the shoe.  Ever since I put it on my desk the Flyers have gone on an amazing run, as they try to make their way into the playoffs.




What is your talisman? 


No comments:

Post a Comment